Quick Lunch Ideas for KidsFebruary 13, 2019
It can sometimes be a nightmare to pack a healthy but tasty meal for your child, but it’s doable! Here are some ideas for simple but delicious lunches that your child will enjoy.
- Rolls: Rice paper wrappers or lettuce leaves make delicious and healthy wraps. Fillings include tofu, pork, or other small pieces of food.
- Sushi: Rice and cooked fish make a great combo. It’s also fun to make sushi as a family, making this a good activity for children to get them in the habit of packing their own healthy lunches!
- Cold noodles: Soba or udon make great cold noodle salad bases. Canned fish, sesame oil, small chicken cubes, and peas will all go well with this.
- Superfood salad: Mix cheese, veggies, and meat into quinoa. Dressings include vinaigrette and combine with cherry tomatoes, fruit slices, and a small portion of chocolate.
- Wraps: Leftover chicken can make a tasty filling with cabbage in tortilla wraps!
School lunches don’t have to be a difficult chore if you can make it a fun activity with your children. This teaches them the basics of cooking as well as ensuring they know and appreciate the effort that goes into every meal.
Contact us at Rai Chiropractic to learn about our nutrition and wellness services.